BushHog Squealer blade change

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by lawnspecialties, Oct 23, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 5' BushHog Squealer with some really dull blades. I found some reasonably priced ones at Tractor Supply but now I can't get the old ones off. Is there something I'm missing? I bought a 1-11/16" socket with a 3/4" drive rachet and thought I'd be all set. Think again. For the life of me I can't get the stinking bolts off. I've already given them a nice Liquid Wrench bath. Do I just need to turn it harder somehow? It's only two years old. Any ideas? Thanks:confused:
  2. either put a pipe on it for leverage, or get the torch out and heat it up, they can be tough.
  3. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

A little heat should help or a long pipe. I hope you also bought tne bolts when you bought the blades. The Blades turn on the bolts and the bolts will wear at that point. If you bought new bolts I would just torch the old bolts out.
  4. tallyhobil

tallyhobil LawnSite Member

Are the threads on the bolt reversed?
  5. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

lookup a product called kroil and buy a can it is the only penetrating oil to use some local dealers might have it in the back that they can sell you as well.
  6. Maxify55

Maxify55 LawnSite Member

Take your angle grinder to the bolts/nuts with a cutting disk installed. Think of it this way.
    If they're rusted on there that badly, do you really want to reuse them?
    Check out the cost of new bolts and nuts. Then, tell me that all this frustration is worth it.
    Cat the crazy things off and get to work'n, Bro.