BushHogBoy in Turf Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rkbrown, Nov 15, 2002.

1. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Got my Turf magazine yesterday and in the "Talkin' 'bout My Gear" section is BHB's writeup on his Stihl FS-80. Very nice writeup, Eric !!! :)

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

congrats, your FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you very much!
    LOL I haven't even got mine in the mail yet! :( A friend told me about it last nite. Got my check early last month when I sent it in. Jim's been good to me ;) :)
    Thanks

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Stripes!!

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I just got my 1st Turf Magazine today. I noticed the picture as the same one posted on my thread when I bought my FS 85. I thougt wait a minute???

Anyways, great article. Good advertisement for Stihl. They deserve good press. I luv my 85R. The only thing you left out is how great it sounds!

One thing I want to ask though... your throttle lock produces enough RPM's to actually trim??? That was one of the 1st things I tried on mine. Mine is no good for anything but cranking. Is it out of adjustment or something?

6. snow

snow Banned

Pretty good write up. My 8 year old stilh backpack blower is still going strong with no work done to it since i purchased it.

Bryan

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Keep up the the good work. Hows the Scag.? Ed

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Envy- I noticed I left out the note about the sound!! Dang.. it does sound better than Echo's thats for sure. Tim Allen would be using a FS85 wouldn't he?
    The throttle lock is only good for starting usually but it can be good if you're going along a chain link fence or some other things like that where you have to go alittle slower. Works fine for normal trimming around trees, etc but you usually wanna let off between obstacles so forget it. good machine. Oh, I got a call from the dealer I bought it at, the distributor saw the article and called my dealer and asked if they sold it to me, they said yea, so dealer called me and is giving me a 6 pack of oil for it! :D :cool: They probably would have given me a $50 gift certificate if I had mentioned the dealers name LOL.

9. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Hi, Jim @Turf Magazine here.

Yup, the article worked very well. The readers love these "from the front lines" articles.

I wish I could get a few more of you folks sending them in. Bob Montgomery told me this morning, we're darned near out of 'em.

Jim

10. just got my turf today and went first thing to read bushhogboys reveiw of his sthil trimmer.

Good writeup eric