Business add-ons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrm, Feb 17, 2001.

1. jrm

jrm LawnSite Member

Does anyone do gutter cleaning or anything else as an add-on to your existing lawn care service?

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I clean gutters when I have to. I don't like too 'cause I don't "bounce" as high as I once did. LOL. I also dable in a little sprinkler work, do landscape installations and design, install landscape borders, fertilize, mulch, hedge and palm trimming, lawn renovatiion including sod and plugging, etc. These things keep me busy during the winter during my "off" week (I mow bi-weekly from Nov - Mar)

3. jrm

jrm LawnSite Member

How about Indoor/Outdoor pesticide spraying?

4. JRM the risk of falling off a roof out weights any easy profits.

5. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I do a little power washing and hauling here and there to fill in gaps. Power washing is nice on them 95 degree jobs or when its drizzling.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I try to do most anything the need or want.
    Wouldnt say I was typical as this is what I planned
    from the start.

7. R&GSweeping

R&GSweeping LawnSite Member

Anyone with commercial accounts should consider seal coating the parking areas as an additional service. Seal coating small to medium size lots can be done without the need of sprayers. Also, if you get into a lot that is too big then you could always subcontract it out to a bigger seal coating operation.

As for spraying pesticides; in SC you must be licensed to spray.

Ron

8. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

I try to keep the lonely housewives happy...

9. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

Marketing is the key to making money. I have people ask me why did you just do that particular service and made no money........True but it is an interaction with the customer. Each time you have that you create future business. Mowing leads to plantings, plantings lead to trees, trees lead to pruning and so on. Capitilize on what you have instead of busting your ass looking for more. Some things pay extremly better than others.

10. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a handyman license which lets me do almost any property maintenance,this acct.s for about 1/3 of my income.Decks,siding,roof repair,just about anything the customer asks for.