Business Booming!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, May 20, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! What a weird year! Typically by March 15th we are just roaring with business and 2-3 weeks out on big clean-ups and installs. But this year was weird. We have consistently continued to grow in the maintenance area but the clean-up and install area was fairly dead until recently. I couldn't figure out if it was the economy or the weather (we've had a very rainy spring so far) that was keeping things slow but our clean-up / install crew was only staying busy 2-3 days per week. Which was just wierd for March - May.

Then - like a bolt of lightning - we are just swamped!!! Last week I had 2 17 hour days and the other days were long too. I returned from a 3 day weekend to 29 voicemails and 43 emails - all requesting bids or some sort of question regarding their landscape. Today, at least 10 calls so far. I just can't believe it!

Two weeks ago I was thinking this was going to be an off year but now things are the busiest they've ever been. Go figure! Well, back to work!

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jim,

If your really that busy why are you here? Get back to work! :D

Funny how it flows one way this year, then another way the next.

3. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear your busy Jim. Don't get too burned out now. We are just getting over the "spring rush" and getting into a nice routine now. My stress level is evening out now.:cool:

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Thank God for that.

Business is good here too.

5. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: :eek: :D

This says it all.......

Good Luck this season to all ....

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Same here, business is FINALLY picking up good. Getting even more backed up each day with new calls.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats Jim- Keep it up

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We're all booke up until mid august here, thaks to all the member in this site that guide me in the right direction, thanks to Eric elm and all his inspirations that he left.

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Go Eric - He defined the industry

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

yah, same here. I've gotton alota new lawn accounts but we've also been swamped with landscape work since right after our april snowstorm. we've just been so busy, the last 2 months have just been a blur to me. I've been running around with my head spinning in circles everyday for 2 months because there's just so much to do and not enough time in the day to get everything done that I have too. Last year I was on the job working everyday with my workers pretty much, this year I work maybe 2-3 days on the job, the rest of my time is spent on looking at jobs, fixing equipment, talking to people and and just running around making sure everything gets done, I've also been having to run 2 crews most of the days. It's realy a step up from last year.