Business Card Ad.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Feb 17, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I contacted the local paper about advertising, they've told me that they get alot of response from a business card ad. Basically a 4''x2'' ad in the service section w/other businesses. Or I can upgrade to a 4x4 ad. Has anyone done any of this type of advertising? If so what was your response to the ad? Did you get one time jobs, or weekly mowing accounts etc.... please let me know!

Thanks

2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

well, i place my ad in year after year, with little results, becauce next to my ad theres 20 more offering the same service lol before you place your ad i would look to see how many others offer the same service in your area!

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I put the biggest ad I could buy in a local paper thats free and goes to all home owners in 4 city's here. I got great call back on it. But about 80% of them were out of my area.

Never know though, it could work better for your area. You really can't go online and ask people from different regions what worked for them because it may or may not work for you.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd save that $$$ for the yellow pages

5. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I placed a newspaper ad last year that gets mailed to everyone houses for free. I think it cost me $90 a month, I tried it just for the heck of it. It ended up being the best way for me to get new business. It worked better than my flyers. You will get alot of calls out of your area, but I think that it was well worth it. I am actually in the process of looking for another paper to place an ad in. We received alot of big landscaping jobs out of it and weekly lawn cutting. Overall I couldnt have expected half the jobs that I actually got.

Ron