Business Card Do I need a Contact Name on This

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joallen001, Feb 2, 2007.

1. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I have created a card and I like the way it looks but I wondered if I need to put a name for each of the contact numbers. I also considered adding an email address to the card. If I need to put a name with the numbe would it be ok to just put first names or is that not professional. Should I leave the card the way it is or add names and an email?? Any suggestions appreciated

buisiness card.jpg
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You do not need a contact name. Many advertisements do not have contact names on it. Many prefer to have a contact name on it. The potential customer just needs to be able to get in contact with you.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would put a contact name on your business card. I had some made up without my name on them. I felt like an idiot when I would hand someone a card and they would look at it...then say...what's your name? I felt like it should be on the card and seemed other people felt the same.
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I agree with Grits. I am someone who prefers to have my name, or whomever on the card. Do you need it? No. Is it more personal? Yes. When you hand someone a card (and your name is on it) you can say my name is X feel free to give me a call, or whatever. Believe it or not people will call and say " Hi, X give me his card and said that I should call if I was in need of lawn service". When ever something is personal people feel more comfortable dealing with you, and they feel that you are more likely to take care of them.
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'm horrible w/ names so this is the only way I will ever remember your name. If it's on a postcard, then a name is not preferred because you are advertising your business, not you. But on your card, you are advertising yourself as a representative of your business.
  6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

It would look more professional with your name on it. I really like the card its got a good look to it. It catches the eye.
  7. joallen001

from TN

Thanks for the help everyone. I will add the names to it. Would it be ok just to put first name? I am gonna try and put the services we offer and email on the backside of card

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

The card looks good for one. I think you should put your full name like the guys said more personal. I have all that info on my cards.

9. joallen001

from TN

i am trying to find some ideas for the back of the card anyone have pics
  10. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

I do my own cards at they have an online editor with graffics available for our industry. I made some with grass blades in the background on the front, back of the card has a leaf with a drop of dew on it. Full color, uv coated, good stock. Somewhere around 50.00 a thousand delivered.