1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Card Error

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I just got my business cards back. They look pretty sweet but they misspelled "multch". Now what do I do? I have 1,000 messed up cards in my possession. Do you think anyone will really notice?

PS. When I received the proof, I saw the misspelling and told them to correct it. They obviously didn't
  2. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Send em back and make them correct them.....why would you even consider your professional image being damaged because of their mistake?
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

DONT HAND THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send them back...
  4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If you corrected the mistake on the proof then it's their responsability to correct the problem. Send them back and have the mistake corrected.
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

They have you proof them for a reason -- so they're not liable for any errors.

Well, you proofed em, found the error, and the still botched them. You did your part, and shouldn't have to pay.

edit: you must have posted just b4 me, work_it
  6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely, agree 100%.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you have documantation that you found the error....you may need it? Maybe an email that was sent to them (if you got them off the web). Just a thought.
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Send 'em back!
  9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure business cards are not as bad as having 144 caps come in, with

1. The wrong name of the business (Beran's Fit-It, instead of Beran's Fix-It)
    2. The wrong telephone number (after they used the number to call and solicit us, you'd think the idiots would have the right number)
    3. A picture of a riding lawnmower with the word "Snapper" clearly visible on it, which, since we are not a Snapper dealer, we do not have the right to use that mark.

So, have you ever seen 144 mesh ball caps burn? They burn different color flames.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

OUCH!! Burn Baby Burn!