Business Card: FOIL & MARBLE This is my pick.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mdvaden, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

First, if you like this style, don't immediately order from this link. On this link, I use the marble green cardstock, but with white foil print.

http://www.borderxpress.com/Otherglassx.htm Notice that 500 cards are about $100 ?

In Portland and Medford, I've found printing businesses that will get me 1000 for around $120, much less than that online site. Other online sources may be less. Locally, printers have subbed the project to an outfit called Westex, which apparently only deals with commercial printers as vendors.

Personally, I like the gold on marble green the best, but have done white foil for greater legibility since I've put magnet blanks on my cards before. The magnets are at Staples, Office Depot and Office Max at about $20 for 100 peel-back business card magnet blanks.

You have to use a glossy card if you use the magnets. Matte cards get filthy quick. I never recommend matte cards for that reason. Gloss cards must be specified, because most cards of many styles are typically matte or flat. Anyhow, I've received hundreds of compliments from people about those cards, from the folks whom I've handed them to.

This kind of card makes a business card a business card, not just a phone record on a cardstock.