1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

business card help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DiSantolandscaping, Feb 26, 2013.

1. DiSantolandscaping

DiSantolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

im trying to make new business cards and i was wondering if just my logo on the front is to plain or should i add the typical

commercial residential fully insured
    my city free estimates under it

2. jsroda

jsroda LawnSite Member

I always like to have that im licensed and insured just so people know right off the bat that im not just a noob looking to make some quick cash. And the free estimates on there never hurts either, but if its too cluttered I would leave the free estimates off.

3. DiSantolandscaping

from Maine

this is what it looks like green is way better in person then on here

Attached Files:

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

The card you uploaded via pdf is pretty packed with the logo, phone, tagline, info line, and free estimates line. Due to the green background element of your logo, you're giving that as must space as you are your relevant business info.

General question: does anyone think "free estimates" is even necessary or has it become filler? I can't recall a single time anyone has ever asked if an estimate is free or even mentioned it.

5. DiSantolandscaping

from Maine

so you think i should take off the free estimates?

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Or move your logo up, allowing the green to bleed off the top edge, freeing up some real estate.

7. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    from maine

great looking card, i would remove the free estimate.

8. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

I second moving the logo up and letting the green bleed off the page.

I would also make sure not to have any green behind the phone number, you want the number to be very easy to read.

9. jsroda

jsroda LawnSite Member

Are you willing to do a double sided card? Have just your logo, phone number, and slogan on the front. That would be clean and not cluttered. Then on the back have a brief bullet form or however you want of your offered services.