Business Card, How does it look?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by clean_cut, Jul 19, 2009.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

How does it look to you guys? What should I change?

Attached Files:

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

spelled reference wrong, may want to fix it.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

There's no reason to have an address on a business card, unless you want people to know where you live. Maybe your town that you operate out of, maybe, but not your address.

4. clean_cut

I'm only going to use them in my neighborhood, so I put the adress so everyone can drive by and see how nice the yard looks. Does it look good other than that?

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Honestly, that tree is too common. My boss has a tree just like that as his logo. Try to find another graphic that sets your company apart, or maybe a professional pic of one of your jobs or mowing accounts. Just something to set yourself apart, that's all.

6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Not bad, but not that good. First, you want to have an even margin on all 4 sides of the card. Place your company title line in the center and enlarge it. Tighten up the information below. Do a Google search for "business card templates" to get some real examples of successful designs. I am telling you this because I learned how to design from my Chief Marketing Consultant: my wife, who holds a degree in Graphic Arts. I am so lucky. Also, the post above about not having your address listed can be viewed from two angles. If you don't want people to drive by your house, then don't list it. However, if you keep a highly manicured property, you then definitely WANT people to drive by your house. I have gained about half a dozen clients this way, and some of them find it convenient to personally drop off their monthly payment at my door. If you list it, you want to list street address, city, state, and zip. One more pointer--list your name, address, phone number, and email all together in one paragraph-type block. Remove the "ambitious teenager" line, and replace it with an additional bullet point (like the 2 you have) that may say something like, "*Founded in 2004".
    You may also want to add a company slogan at the bottom in small type. It's also good that you stuck with one font-type. Never exceed 2 on a business card. Hope this helps.

7. clean_cut

Thanks guys, I liked the ambitious teenager because it sort of gave the customer an Idea of who I was and it sort of is my "slogan", it was used on my flyer.

Thanks for all of the help though.

8. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Dumb question…..if your advertising lawn care….why do you have a picture of a tree? Other then that I don’t think it looks to bad.

9. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Another dumb question. You posted this on here to get ideas from people that have been doing it for a long time. Every time some gives you a recommendation on why you need to change it and say your going to do it anyway,,,,,of course that is your choice but….why did you ask for opinions if you don’t want to change anything?

10. clean_cut

Yeah, I know what you mean, lol. I think I'm going to completley change the design though. Have the front of the card grass w/ title, name and #, then the back with slogan, services,etc.

What to do you think.