Business card magnets/with door hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by apexlawn03, Feb 27, 2005.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried attaching a magnetic business card with door hanger.? Any ideas or sugestions thank you.

2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

No but I like the idea, I want to but I dont realy have the money to buy them yet. People would definately save them on their fridge or file cabnet. I say go for it.

3. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the money to buy lots and lots of magnets, do it! Its too expensive for me to do if i'm handing out 1000+ flyers, although I've thought about handing them out to houses close to our current accounts.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You can get them off eBay real cheap.....1000 for $66

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I use the business card size magnets to hold my fliers to the clients door (assuming it's metal) if it's not metal the magnet makes a good paper weight to keep the flier from blowing off the customers door step.

Instead of using the magnets that you peel the back off of and stick your business card too, I actually had my business card information printed right onto the magnet.
    I had 2500 magnets done for .16 per magnet plus some set up fees. I had them done at: www.promohut.com

6. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I could see people throwing away door hangers, but I think they would put the magnets on their fridge for later reference.

7. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Thank you for the information. I have used both types for advertising and have good results with them. I carry several in the truck and have posted them on public boards with plan business cards next to them. Most of the time it is were I stop to eat, get gas, and the people I do business with. Have left 10 per stop and most the time over and over again. I asked every customer if they would like a magnet or 2. About 95% took them and placed on refrigerator and or file cabent. Will check out web sites soon. Thanks

8. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Anybody know where to get maybe a 100 or so business magnets. Most places seem to have a minimum order of 500 or more.

9. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Vistaprint.com, I have 500 on the way.

10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Walmart... 25 count for $3.97... Peel & Stick your card to em'.
    Not bad if you're not mass distributing them....