Business Card Magnets

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Feb 27, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever use these? If so, any suggestions on where to buy them from that is pretty cheap??
  2. Lawnman4life

Lawnman4life LawnSite Member

At home depot they have 50 packs that you peel the sticker and stick your card to them. They work and look pretty good. I sent 1 with each proposal this year. Just becareful sending them as they aren't light. Buy the way, they are 10 bucks a pack.
  3. Sin City Lawn Care

Sin City Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I havent used them yet, But I know a guy who owns a couple of franchised mold and water damage, and carpet cleaning businesses and he has used them for years. He says its really cool going in to a house and seeing them on the fridge.

They give the customer to keep YOUR name hanging around.

He buys in LARGE bulk so he gets the for like .20 each still not cheap. But the sticker idea from Home Depot sound cool, if they stay on the magnet
  4. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I used these last year, and will be using them again this year. You can get them at Office Max, and Staples too I think. Its not a bad idea at all, I usually give them to all my customers when they sign up or include it in invoices to any one time landscaping jobs. I have had a some people thank me for them. I think it is more convenient for people to just stick it on their fridge and know if they ever need you they know where to look, and they dont have to try to see if it is their wallet or purse...most business cards can get lost pretty easily. The cards stick on their really good, the only hard part is centering it on there, also even if you get in the magnet perfectly, the business card is a tiny tiny bit bigger than area for you to put it in. But when done right its not too noticable.

5. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's actually what I did yesterday. Well what I had my kids do. I told them it was time for arts and crafts, so 600 cards later they were done. TAlk about cheap labor. I posted this in the business managment section. Talk about some negative response. It seems some people were wanting to get into the great mailbox debate. That ain't what it was all about.
  6. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Vista Print!!!
  7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

We had our magnetic cards done at:
    Cost was around $0.16 a piece.
  8. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Wells I think those are best prices I have seen anywhere so far.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I loaded the file for the image i wanted on the cards but it doesn't let me see it before i buy it? Or is there somewhere i can go to see it?
  10. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Im getting my 4 color cards done from a guy i know around here for .18 ea for 2500. He also did my tuck magnets, 3 12x30" 4 color for $100. About the best price ive seen so far.