Business card: opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Feb 1, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I really wanted to list my services, although I know that some don't. What would you change?
    There was suppose to be my cell phone # to the right of "FREE ESTIMATES", must of got cut off so just imagine it being there1

Thanks
    MATT

Ooops...I thought I was in "elements of business", oh well...it will get moved anyway.

2. walker-talker

from Midwest

Sorry, I messed up and did not include all of it....here ii is again.
    Moderators, if you please, delete the first pic.

Thanks
    MATT

1st business card.jpg

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Very nice card i always loved your logo. But i think (this is what i did) I wouldnt be to exact on your services because they might be to limiting. I will have to scan my card tommorrow but, I always have mine saying Complete Lawn and Landscaping. Worked for me.
    Just my opinion, hey your in the midwest me to wondering if you went to the mid am landscaping show?
    Jason

4. walker-talker

from Midwest

I was not sure if I wanted those listed or not because of the limiting problems. I had thought to include something like "servicing all your lawn maintenance needs" something along that approach. I would be interested in seeing you card though. I did not go to or even hear about that show....I am from KS. Thanks for the reply.

MATT

5. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Nice logo and card. I would not put a cell phone number on the card. I made that mistake before then I switched cell companies and had to throw out a bunch of cards. I only put my business number on the cards now. That number is forwarded to my cell most of the time anyway.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you are going to list your basic services then I would change the hyphens to dots.

If you are contemplating re-wording your services you might consider:
    Complete Lawn & Landscape Management
    Landscape Design*Installation*Enhancement

I would also add these below:
    Residential*Commercial*Industrial
    FREE ESTIMATES*Fully Insured

You should consider using an abbreviation for your numbers so people know what they are calling:
    ph: ofc: fax: cell: mobile:

Just my .02

7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Basic info. Keep it simple. All I have is name, mailing address, office and cell #. Company name on top. I only list a few services: landscaping and lawn maintenance. Under that it says property management and construction, this kind of opens up thoughts on any type of construction. By the way I just disconnected my scanner so I can not post a copy.

8. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Scalping? Is this a midwest thing? Here in New England that means that you mowed a spot down to the dirt. Not a good thing that's for sure. I yell at my guys if I catch a scalp in the lawn. Other than that, looks AWESOME.

9. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

you could keep the front simple by listing services on the back .

~lwf0018.jpg

10. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

I would definitely reduce your services listings or put them on the back like HeavenlyGreen's. Here is what I have for a card right now. Haven't had time to work up anything with what heygrassman did yet. Dave

business card.gif