Votes: 17 48.6%
  • ADEQUATE/FAIR

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • POOR/HORRIBLE

Votes: 0 0.0%

Business Card Reviews

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Runner 
#1 ·
Tell me what you think, guys, I am a newbie looking for some love!

Plant Natural environment Natural landscape Terrestrial plant People in nature

Font Art Number Circle Parallel

See less See more
#2 ·
I think its great i think its rather funny that people vote fair adequate on that card, be interseting to see waht thiers looks like. I think its all thier could be a bit better. i think its important to put lisc and insured somewhere jsut to make it more proffessional, and i think a motto is always good, anything thats personal, dont quote me tho like (quality jobs for quality people) (Fast trucks Faster service) (making your life easier) anyway thats a thing that makes you seem personable approachable as well as still keeping proffessional , just a thought

#4 ·
I might play around with the order? Your name under your company name,then your number,web site and the maintenance on the very bottom.

#5 ·
Yeah, I finally settled on the number being closer to the title and next to the black font in the "Lawn ..." box. I also used the same font and color scheme as my favorite Jacksonville Jaguars for that font. Not that anyone cares. Thanks, I have sent it off and it is being printed already.

#6 ·
chriscraft said:
I think its great i think its rather funny that people vote fair adequate on that card, be interseting to see waht thiers looks like. I think its all thier could be a bit better. i think its important to put lisc and insured somewhere jsut to make it more proffessional, and i think a motto is always good, anything thats personal, dont quote me tho like (quality jobs for quality people) (Fast trucks Faster service) (making your life easier) anyway thats a thing that makes you seem personable approachable as well as still keeping proffessional , just a thought
Putting L&I on a business card or a flyer for that does not make you more professional. It makes you look like a little "one man show" who wants to let everyone know he is L&I. 99.9% of people are not going to choose you because your L&I, most care about the price and thats all.

Being L&I does not get you more business, so its a waste to advertise it.

#7 ·
Straighten up the letters so they are not blurred and mess with your eyes. Get rid of the great big ltters that spell your name. If you are going to have your name, do it formally at the bottom and with smaller subtle letters. Also, give yourself a title (Owner, President, etc.). For the back side, you have the RIGHT idea...UTILIZE the space for information. It is akways well worth the money for two sided printing. However, it needs to be re-worded completely. I had my cards written like this when I first started. HOWEVER,....the mowing, edging, blowing, trimming, etc. thing is all redundant. In a sense, you are babbling. You are saying alot, but getting nothing said. Just say Full Grounds Maintenance, and you said it all. This leaves you ALOT of room to give the potential customers some REAL information. Other than that, I don't know who designed your card,...if it was you or someone else, but I would just like to say,...it looks great! Your background is top-notch. And hey,...let's try just one thing...just out of curiosity. With such a nice color of green,...rather than breaking it up with the white letters (that actually clash with the design,,,and I don't mean in a good contrast wat, either), let's do somethiong different. Those words that you have in the plain white.....put those in black, and either trace them or better yet, offset them with a nice yellow. THAT will attract the eye and give yo an EXTREMELY attractive card. Try it and see...

#10 ·
kingofbling said:
Putting L&I on a business card or a flyer for that does not make you more professional. It makes you look like a little "one man show" who wants to let everyone know he is L&I. 99.9% of people are not going to choose you because your L&I, most care about the price and thats all.

Being L&I does not get you more business, so its a waste to advertise it.
thats the truth and i also need to agree with ground control guy does sound like you are babbling on the back... anyone who needs those services knows you and landscapers in general are the ones to call
no big deal not like someone wont call you because of the back and the front looks real nice

And runner someone in Long island NY has your name you should come sue there ass so i can take all there customers :)

#11 ·
LOL!!! That's funny...Ask Jodi, our moderator (1MajorTom) about THAT! I signed up for an account with Grainger Supply, and when they put me in the computer for a catalog, they informed me that there are about a dozen of them throughout the country. Some of them are excavators, and some are landscapers. The reason I sat ask Jodi about that, is because before when I had my old name, I was thinking about using this for my fert. and weed control services. I had been considering this name for years. Then, she joined. I saw that she had this name. I asked her if she woud mind if I used it and had the same name. She replied "Not at all...Go for it."
I have a friend that has the name Ground Effects. I'm sure there are quite a few of those around the country, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.