Business Card Wording

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrblawncare, Feb 6, 2001.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I would ask for some help on this.In the past my cards have listed all the services that I offer..Mowing,rototilling,power edging,tree & shurb trimming,spring & fall clean-up,design & plant installation.Now I'am adding turf and ornamental applications,I want to cut down on the wording, but I want more than just "lawn care".I'am thinking..Lawn & Landscape Maintenance..Lawn Fertilization and weed control..Design & Installation..that gives me 3 lines,what do you think?To all you applicators,how do you word this service on your cards?THANKS JOHN

[Edited by jrblawncare on 02-06-2001 at 03:41 PM]

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Granular & Liquid Fertlization * Tree & Shrub Spraying * Insect & Weed Control
    Mowing & Maintenance * Aeration * Seeding
    Liming * Leaf Cleanups * Shrub Trimming

just my .02 on 3 lines
    Kris

3. kutnkru

Lawn & Landscape Management
    Granular & Liquid Fertilizations (turf-ornamentals)
    Landscape Design, Enhancement, Installations

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Sorry, don't have much time to post, got to pick up my daughter from the bus stop... but just a quick thought.

Utilize your space. Use both sides of the card.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Some tell me that adding colors make cards
    more effective.

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have thought of the other side of the card,does anyone do this?I do like "Landscape Design,Enhancement,Installation" Any others ideas on the lawn application part of this?Thanks JOHN

7. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

I just list the big stuff and let the card speak for itself. I have Landscape Maintenance incorporated in to the bussiness title and then I have, Lawn Mowing
    Gravely brush mowing
    Planting-Pruning
    Spring-Fall Cleanups Etc.

Its a jugling act trying to put enough info on the card with out it being to hard to read,and cluttered. List your big ticket items and don't worry about the small stuff. Keep in mowing, Jon G GLM.

8. kutnkru

FRONT --
    Company Name
    Company Address
    Employee's Name
    Employee's Title
    Office Phone #
    Our Fax Line #

BACK --
    two columns LANDSCAPING .......... GROUNDS CARE

On my personal business cards I have our shop phone as well so I can ensure that employees have all the main numbers in case of emergencies.

Kris

9. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

how about on the front side keeping it simple as in Full Service Lawn and Landscape Maintenance, Design and Installation, and then break it down on the back of the card

10. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both side of my cards for sometime... the back of the card list a small number of service and the front
    contains logo,phone number ,my name,title,and a slogan of some sort ,,,in 5 colors.. folks like 'em..