Business cards vs. flyers/doorhangers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Basilhayden, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Basilhayden

Basilhayden LawnSite Member

I need your opinions on this idea. This will be my first season in the business and I am getting ready to start ordering cards and or flyers. I can get 3000 doorhangers from 3000doorhangers.com for around $200. I was thinking instead of the doorhangers, I can just have 5000 business cards printed out at around $100 and then have a rubber stamp made to stamp the back of the card with "Estimate" and write in the amount of the estimate and attatch those to peoples doors. I work in a high traffic business, so I can also slip cards into customers bags when they checkout. I am planning on having a pretty basic website, so I can put the web address on the card and they can go there for additional information. Are there any drawbacks to this idea?

2. T&J Landscaping

T&J Landscaping LawnSite Member

you want to offer both of them work both for me ,

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Both. You simply can't get all the info you want across in the 5 seconds you have when you hang a card vs door hanger.

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

This actually respond to one of my questions I had.

I had an estimate for about 2000 flyer's, laminated, both sides for 1300$ (CAN.)

I want to know how long does 2000 flyer's last for you guys in summer?

5. unkownfl

You could pass out 2000 flier in a week here in FL

6. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

alright so then it is expensive for flyer's, maybe I should go with door hangers when customers are not home or flyer's when they are home. I should get some cheaper flyer's then the laminated ones.

What method do you use for your flyer's

7. unkownfl

one side single color I paid 750 for 25,000

8. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

2 questions.

1) Where do you get yours from?
    2) How well did they work for you?

I'm thinking of hitting it hard in Mar before we start back weekly

9. unkownfl

Alpha press on John young.

10. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

why not just get postcards instead of doorhangers? I got 5000 postcards full color on both sides for right about $200