business cards - what company?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JFGauvreau, Jan 30, 2010.

1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I tried using Vista Print for my business cards but I could never get a very high def picture of my logo, I tried a .psd, .png, .jpeg, .tiff and .eps but they logo on the business card was never good quality, it was "acceptable quality"

So do you have any other places to get business cards that you can upload your own logo?

2. randyhutch

randyhutch LawnSite Member

I've used 123print and have been happy.

3. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

4. SilverTouch

SilverTouch LawnSite Member

i used a local company to design my business card and had it printed at gotprint.com . I ordered around 20k of them a few years back and still have plenty. good quality card and glossy. They last! My only complaint i would have is that the gloss finish is hard to write on, but i don't hardly ever need to write on them.

5. JFGauvreau

alright thx will look forward into those companies.

6. bigredman23

bigredman23 LawnSite Member

vistaprint.commmm

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Just go to a local shop, anyone and everyone is doing Business cards.
    REmember a Business card is NOT advertisement, it's simply a way to give someone your name and number, and what you do.
    try to keep your BUSINESS local to you. you always want to keep money/business local.

8. JFGauvreau

Ya I might as well do that, all of those sites are for US only anyways.

9. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

You guys might think of this as cheesy, but that's too bad.

I design my own cards in Corel Draw 12, and print them out on white blank sheets (10 per sheet). They are perforated but it's not noticeable unless you put it a few inches from your eye. It costs me pennies a sheet and I can get 750 cards (75 sheets) at Staples for around $16 with tax. I'm still using the pack I bought two seasons ago. I print out about 250 at the start of the season. Takes me about an hour to print and remove them from the sheet but they hold colour very well. Works out to about 2.5 cents a card including ink used, and they're not glossy so you can write on the back.

I print out business cards, invoices, envelopes (and return envelopes), quotation sheets, and a few other items all on site, as I need them. Running my office, along with stationary products only runs me a couple hundred dollars a year.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

naaaa. not cheezy,

after you grow you will find that you simply dont have time for things like this.
    after all the ammount. "pennys" that I spend on Business cards requires nothing in thought. about 10 minutes of my time per 5 years, and YES I use it as a business expence.

it's all up to what a person wants