Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

What things do you guys/gals put on your business cards?
    Need some ideas!!!!!!!!
    Please give some examples!!!!!
  2. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

rons lawncare
    weekly mowing,fertilizer programs,
    weed control,plantings,cleanups

website adress
    your name business number
    free estimates
    i made mine at office max in color for $50.00 color print 1000 business cards.

3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Greenkeepers Lawn & Landscape

1 4
    2 5
    3 6

Office Number
    Email and website
  4. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Cummings Lawn & Garden
    My Name

Day Phone
    Evening Phone
    E-Mail Address
    License #

Off to the left:

A pretty tree
    A slogan (currently: Full Service Care for your Landscape Maintenance Needs)
    Bold print message (currently: Fully Licensed & Insured!)

I make 'em up myself at home, and am always looking for improvement ideas. :)

[Edited by TGCummings on 01-02-2001 at 10:13 AM]
  5. ETturfman

ETturfman LawnSite Member

I have just about all of the above on my cards. However, on my second set I put my address on them so in case I missed somebody they could mail me the payment.

6. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I used to do my cards on the computer. But the cards still look cheap. U can see where the cards are prefferated. I would have people want me to bid on big jobs, and I would hate giving them a cheezy card that makes me not look like I can handle the job. I went and got nice, glossy cards made and love them. ($100 for 1000 for first time- $30 for additional 1000.)

Things to add:
    cell #
    licesne and insured
    any degrees- Horticulture, applicators lic, etc.
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Check eBay for business cards. Some people will print a basic, blach ink card for under $30 PER 1000.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would not get them at Office Max or Office Depot unless you are doing a very simple design. When I tried to get some nice ones done ($50) they took over a month maybe two and still did not get my e-mail right. I got them to scan an Exmark and put it on there, but it still doesn't look very good. I am fed up with them and will never go back for business cards. I am going to try to get some off of the internet. The sharper you business card the better. Next ones I get are going to be an eye-catcher.
  9. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

As far as content you have some good advice already mentioned. But I still use the computer to print my cards. If you are not using them for advertisement purposes, I believe it's cheaper to do them yourself. Like double e says they don't look as profesional but if you just use them to inform customers of your phone #'s and etc... or don't have the money for a nice card use the computer to do them. My card has three colors on a nice thick paper with a decorative design and you can barely see the preforations. Although, in the next few months I will be having some made for me. Do what you can afford. If you don't have the extra $50-$60 bucks use the computer until you can invest in them.

Just my opinion.
  10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Logo at top.

My name and title..............Local and state association logos on right
    City, State, Zip
    website address at bottom

On back I have all services offered.

Remember to use the back of the card, if not that's a lot of wasted advertising space.