1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Business Cards

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tobruk79, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

I need advice on what to have put on business cards. The cards should be very nice looking with a solid block of red foil with the name not inked (if that makes sense), My name and phone number. I am concerned about the card being too empty, or crowded with useless information.

I do have experience, my business license, and insurance. Should I list "Licensed and Insured" even though the license doesn't mean anything other than I payed the license tax (I wonder about this especially since I feel a little sub par without the pesticide / irrigation licenses). If I do list the license is there any purpose to listing that number along with it? And since I will be mostly just mowing is there any point to breaking down what that entails?

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. After working to bring everything together and finally being able to go out and do it Ive got a case of last minute jitters.

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

JUST PUT YOUR BIZ NAME, YOUR NAME, PHONE # AND SUB NAME ( LIKE LAWN SERVICE OR LAWN AND LANDSCAPES ETC.. ) AND WHAT TOWN YOU ARE LOCATED. IF PEOPLE HAVE ?S THEY WILL CALL I ALWAYS FEEL THAT ITS BETTER TO TALK TO THE CUSTOMER ONE ON ONE... :cool2: HOPE IT HELPS !

GOOD LUCK.
    RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i got mine from vista print and all i have on mine is:

Frontier Lawn & Landscape
    (company moto)

My Name
    Owner/ Operator

Adress
    City, St, Zip

phone
    Email

4. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

Thank you for the help, I did go with the name, my name, and phone number this morning.

5. Mikethomsen

Mikethomsen LawnSite Member

We just put our business name, our motto, our names and phone #'s and to call for a free estimate. Hope this helps.

6. Lawnmower_Man

Lawnmower_Man LawnSite Member

Hey how much does that run? for say about 1,000 or 2,000 business cards

7. Frontier-Lawn

8. Lawnmower_Man

Lawnmower_Man LawnSite Member

:drinkup: how do you do that? i've never heard of it. free business cards? hook me up? and how much is shipping?

9. Frontier-Lawn

10. Frontier-Lawn