1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Jul 26, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was just thinking about upgrading my Business cards and was wondering what you do with yours.<br>Do you have just plain white with basic info (name, phone) or do you do it big with coated paper and color and all your major services on it?<p>Do you find that your cards have found business for you or are they just another expense?<br>I currently have white with green letters with a garden tractor on it (looked good when I started 5 years age)- just the basic info. Tell us what works for you.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I buy laser cut sheets of cards and make them on my computer. I don't pass out that many cards, so it works out fine for me. I just have a picture of my DC on it and basic information so they can get in touch with us.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the &quot;laser cut&quot; part! :)<p>
  4. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

WE do our cards on the computer as well differenance in cost $6.00 every 200 cards by us and about three time as much by a printer. (Our cards our multi colored) Look on the net for clip art or just pick up a program for under $50.00. Clip art has tons of art you can use for logos. Make sure you put your logo on every thing cards, letter heads etc. Good Luck Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I use the special pricing deal at Officemax for mine. very reasonable using their clipart and standard format yet still professional looking.<p>the problem I had with making my own cards with the ink jet printer was the color would bleed if it got damp.<p>I haven't tried it on my laser printer yet and probably wont because I'm real satisfied with those from Officemax.<p>I hand out alot of cards. when I'm cutting and I see a neighbor, I hand him a card and tell him to call me if he needs me. I don't BS the people, I keep it short and sweet.<p>there is no more effective, nor cheaper way to advertise than through a buisness card.<p>GEO
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the cards from Office Depot and printed them on my computer. They my biz name, little , major services (mowing and trimming), and my name and phone number. They weren't very expensive but they turn out pretty nice. I don't think I have gotten alot of jobs with cards, just when I was advertising and word of mouth. If you don't have fliers already, I suggest those. I racked up a couple of jobs in one day with fliers.
  7. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

8. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

I got lucky, My sis-in-law works for a credit card printing company. I designed the cards and emailed them to her along with the graphics. She printed me up 2500 plastic cards, same size and shape as a Visa or Master Card. I get many complements on them and alot of free food. (You know when you go into a place to eat and they have the fish bowl there for Buss cards. I always drop one in there. It seems that when they are picking the card for a free meal, they pick mine, Because they think it is a credit card by the feel of it. But if you were to buy cars like mine they would cost about $2.25 a card. If i had to buy them, I would not do it. They look great, and i believe that they have gotten me work.
  9. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

That's SO cool, TurfMan, I've never seen anything like that before!<p>10 years ago I had ours printed on 2 ply veneer, complete with my logo gold-embossed. They were .35 each.
  10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

No matter what type of bus card you use, make sure the back of it is printed with these words of wisdom:<br>The bitterness of poor quality will last much longer than the sweetness of low price.