Business Cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Carolina Cutter, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Officemax has an online business card creator and you can get the Value Cards for about $8.99 a box with a two box minimum.

Good place to get cards.....good price!

Officemax Business Card Creator
  2. Carolina Cutter

For some reason the link only half worked.

Click on Print@copymax tab at the top and then you can use it.
  3. Carolina Cutter

Here's an example of one I just made.....

officemax business card 899 box of 500.jpg
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Cards look ok but a bit plain. I made these with VistaPrint using my logo and photos. 1000 cards were $22.00 Sorry, the scan sux, but you can get the idea of the card.
  5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch the officemax cards! The first time I had mine done there I wasn't very happy at all. They used a very cheap computer like paper to print them on and the ink didn't look all that well. I left out of there without paying for them and went across the street to signsbytomorrow and had them done. Signsbytomorrow actually had better prices and did an awesome job for me! Watch officemax and make sure they do what you want, and don't try to cheat you.
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got mine done through Staples. 1000 for 29.99. I am very pleased. They shipped free UPS and had them in 4 days! I personally prefer more basic cards. I try not to dazzle with a b/c. IMO it doesn't matter if you spend $200 on cards or print them from your printer. It gets the contact your name and # that's all they're after.

Business Card.jpg

Old Business Card.jpg
  7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You only get one chance to make a first impression. Your card reflects you and your business. People will think "crappy card = crappy work"
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I agree 100% with this satement, but I don't think you need to spend a lot for a great looking card. I paid $86 for 1000.....way too much. It has my color logo on there with raised letter. The paper is textured also. On the design outpost you can have you card, letterhead and enveloped design for as little as $100...I will go this route next time.

Also, if you are starting out, I would only get 500 cards. As sure as sh!t as soon as you get them from the printers, you will want them changed. Different number, an added service (if you chose to have them printed on there)...what ever it might be. For me, I don't have hedgetrimming on there...or lawn rennovations....also soon after I got a website.
  9. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

One idea for ads and business cards......use vendor logos. Contact your local vendor rep and see if they will pay for you cards / ads (co-op) in exchange for placing small logos on the cards. Two years ago I placed a small Lawn-Boy logo on the bottom left corner of my cards and LB paid the $49 for my 2500 cards!

This year, I did the same with John Deere. Have their official logo in a small area and they picked up the fee for the cards.

Of course, they will wnat proofs of the cards first before permission of the logo will be granted. A good relationship with the rep helps too.....sometimes they will not allow it.

BTW....make sure you are using their equipment if you have them on your cards (we have 3 21"WB by JD).
  10. Carolina Cutter

I cant say that I agree with your statement. Depends on what you would call a crappy card. I think a basic, plain type card is fine if you follow the KISS method (keep it simple stupid). I have always thought that keeping things clear, unclutered and easy to read was better than all the fancy do-dads.