1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business down due to SNIPER?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I know a few guys on the board who live in Maryland so I thought I would post on this subject.

I live one county away from the shootings, and today I was a little concerned while I was trimming. I trim an embankment along a Major roadway and I was very nervous today (kept looking over my shoulder for a white van). Im glad I made it home becuase that guy could have picked me off no problem.

Anyone else losing business or scared to cut? Im not scared of much but I must admit I am a pretty good target sitting on a ZTR or weed-eating along a road.

Lets pray they catch this scum soon.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i thought since i lived in CT it really wasnt on peoples minds. But today in the rain, i had to haul a few trailer loads with pallets of windsheild washer fluid to my fathers gas stations to stock up for winter and i had three people ask me if i was scared of the sniper working out in the open like i was. i told them i didnt really give it any thought and they will probably catch that scumbag soon. I couldnt beleive people up here were even worried about it. I cant imagine living down there.
  3. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a morbid thought. When it is my time to go, I will go. Sniper or not.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I couldnt of said it better myself!!!! Who has time to sit around and be scared of being randomly shot!
  5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

My thoughts exactly!

He wins if you sit at home. I know its scary, but sadly enought, "Thats life!"
  6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is another thought.
    Some people are saying on the news they are staying inside the buildings, or when they go to pump gas they start the pump and then sit in the car till its done.

That isn't gonna prevent getting shot if you are his intended target. Sitting at a light waiting to go you could be a target. Sitting at home reading you could be a target, unless you have bullet proof glass in your car or house windows.

I totally agree this scum needs to be stopped and stopped last week. I feel for the families of the dead.

I would say be prepared for the shootings to continue. Like was mentioned on the news it seems they happen mornings or evenings, and only on work days. Strange.

I also suppose that when Charles sees this thread he will blame Bush for this too. It seems that any thing wrong is Bush's fault and when ever any thing goes right then it is some body else that gets the credit. :dizzy:
  7. Turtle II

Turtle II LawnSite Member

I know what you're saying............One of the people killed on the first day was a commericial LCO too.......Killed while doing a commericial account. 39 years old.....

The picture of the truck the police put out yesterday looks like one of those "ISUZUE" landscaping trucks too......

Hopefully the "SOB" will be killed soon.............
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: Dude, you are too good. I was thinking the same thing. I agree with the other statement you made too, I feel for the families of the victims, but when I go I go. That's God's decision, and sniper or not all the thinking or worrying about it in the world wont change the day and time.

If I even think about it I pray this guy gets caught, and in the act so we can fry him. :gunsfirin

9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

When God pulls your time card, your done !
  10. jalawn

jalawn LawnSite Member

I live in central Md, and my partner is paranoid about this, he keeps asking me to get gas for his mowers for him. I told him, if he is scared, the sniper wins. The sniper doesn't have to shoot you to declare victory, just scare you stiff. Me personally, I could care less about going out. It is my life, and I am not going to have some @#^hole run my life. Period.