1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

business for sale Indiana

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdwilliams1, Nov 12, 2004.

1. jdwilliams1

jdwilliams1 LawnSite Member

I am considering putting my business up for sell on ebay, and starting the bid at $100. 2001 $48000 2002 $99000 2003 $140000 this year looks like $110000, the decline is due to the fact that I put all my efforts towards spraying and fertilization program during the end of this season. I have no contracts, but I have a list of my customers would be willing to help with transition by sending letter to my customers an notifying them of the change. Most customers are in $500,000 and up homes in Zionsville and Carmel, I do mostly mulch, mowing and landscaping jobs, leaf removal, trimming shrubs, even landscape lighting and holiday lighting. I am anxious to really push my squirt and fert business next year and would be willing to sign a no compete for one year in Hamilton and Boone counties for everything but spraying ie lawn, trees, for pests and fert. This could be an excellent opportunity for someone, I have no idea of the value of my business but it must be worth something after 4 hard years. I might have alittle equipment available as well. I want to be fair and will make no garauntees of which customers might stay with potential buyer, I mow about 28 to 30 lawns at about $55-60 per hour, mulch about 30-40 lawns at around $60-$65 per cu yd put down about 500 cu yds. Make no mistake this must have some value, if you are familiar with the area most of my customers are in Austin Oaks in Zionsville and Kings Mill in Carmel, and several others here and there. Again reason for selling is I want to focus on squirt and fert and I want to remain a one man show and not hire. The 2002 $99000 was me by myself, the last 2 years I have hired guys to help with mulch in early spring, I make after all is said and done about $45000 a year and I dont touch a peice of mulch, not bad for about 35 weeks of work. God Bless
  2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Why not hire someone to do the maintenance while you take care of the other stuff? Thats what I plan on doing next year.
  3. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

I know that area fairly well. I am on the westside of Indianapolis. Maybe we could talk.
  4. jdwilliams1

Ryan lightning, I have been down the hire someone road twice now once in 1994 and once this year for a month or so, and I am just not a very good leader, I admit it, delegation is a problem because no one will ever care to the level I do and incentives just do not work,

I will be sending info out to a few local comapnies before UI place business on ebay grassbandit
  5. jdwilliams1

Thanks for feedback, I also do cleanups spring and fall
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What percentage of the yearly revenue is fert & squirt?
  7. jdwilliams1

I just got certified so none, just bought z spray
  8. jdwilliams1

I will try to get a time for those interested as to when I will list
  9. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

JD.....I sent you a PM
  10. jdwilliams1