Business for sale questions?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mike and jana, Jul 30, 2007.

1. mike and jana

mike and jana LawnSite Member

I have a business I am interested in selling. This is our 3rd season with a nice established customer base. We have 37 contract mowing accounts and approx 35 additional treatment only customers. Treatments being the ferts, seeds, weed control, grubs etc. All mowing accounts are 12 month contracts which cover the weekly mowing services. All additional services such as ferts, seed, weed control, lime, grub control, etc are extra. Anyone have an idea of what this may be worth, feel free to chime in. Our annual gross on there is approx $95k. Not to mention any bush and shrub trimming, installations and whatever else they may need.
  2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Not without a great deal more specificity from you.
    You mention gross, without knowing your net, overhead, profit to loss, accrued liabilities, contract conditions, and other market forces any quote you get here is meaningless.
  3. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Get your business valued by an expert. There are those out there. I just had mine valued and it is relatively cheap and easy. I would give you $40,000 for the business assuming it was free and clear on the equipment side of everything.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

In Charlotte, there should be some brokerage companies who search for businesses their clients want to buy.
  5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Regardless of where mike resides, in order for his business to be valuated properly, he still needs to have answers to my questions plus several more before he even approaches a valuation broker.