business for sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangeralaska, Jul 9, 2004.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

2. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Looks like a big junkyard! I didn't see a customer list for sale either.
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

that is the most incoherent and disorganized equip list i have ever seen. looks like they just rifled off everything they could think of.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Their asking price is 1 million??? You have to be kidding me...
  5. SLC1234

SLC1234 LawnSite Member

The asking price includes the property. I am not sure of the location or the real estate values in the area but with all the equipement, property and the customer list ( if it includes them) it may be a good price. I know around here, industrial zoned space (which is what you need to run a landscape company) , the price is much more than normal commerical property. Just my two cents
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

1 mil huh?
    Good luck.
    Most updated equipment?
    certainly not by those pics...................
    Some one is trying to get rich quick,It ain't a gonna work.
  7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy I will tell you what, 1 million dollars sure dosent get you what it used too!!!

I wonder how many of those machines actually run? Not to mention the trucks.
  8. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Only 500K with all that equipment? Someone is doing something wrong.
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like there is more equipment pictured than whats in the list.
  10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

What's interesting is the annual production per employee one derives from their numbers.

If they're grossing half a million with between 12 and 20 employees...well, let's split the difference and put it at 16 employees (full-time equivalents) and see how that comes out.

My calculator says this company averages just over $31,000 per employee per year.

If you put the firm's overhead at $400,000 and use half that as salaries/wages, it's $200,000, which when divided into 16 employees makes for an average annual earning of $12,500. Assuming the 16 employees constitutes a full-time equivalent number, the average employee makes $312.50 per week given a 40-week season.

That comes out to $7.81 per hour per employee, an average figure. Gotta figure some make more, so how much less do some get paid? Not sure I wanna think about it.

Florida's a low-wage/low income state and you don't have to pay as much as you would in metropolitan DC or in Connecticut, but customers won't pay as much, either. Guess it comes out about the same when you factor in the cost of living, but I'm curious as to what the latest appraisal was for that property. Probably not more than $200,000, so that's $800,000 for accounts receivable, equipment and so on.

JCR makes a point about the apparent condition of the equipment, but he's a little optimistic to think the seller is going to post his client list. That's a great way to get your pocket picked.

My question is why they don't post numbers for a year more recent than 2001.