Business growing, need bigger trailer..?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sabinjm, Jan 23, 2003.

1. sabinjm

sabinjm LawnSite Member

I have been a member of the site for awhile, just never post. I am in search of a trailer in the Cincinnati area. I need a 14ft. open, tandem axle, about 6.5ft. wide. I am having trouble finding a 14ft. for some reason. It doesn't matter to me if I have to drive to like Indianapolis of Lexington or whatever to pick it up. If any one has any places to recommend that would help. Also if you have a 14Ft like this I described how much did it cost? Thanks, out.
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard of a 14ft trailer. Most trailer dealers I have been to go straight from 12ft to 16ft. A lot of times local welding compaines will build and sell landscape trailers. We have a couple local guys around here who make great trailers. Maybe if you have no luck finding one, you can have one specially made. Or Why not just go with the 16ft?

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard of and seen 14ft trailers, they are just not very popular... Most people go with a 12 or a 16 which are the most common... If your business is growing and your anticipating buy new and more and bigger equipment, I would go with the 16footer.. only a few dollars more, but cheaper now than if you find a 14 and then need a 16 instead.... It's only 2 feet longer , but allows for alot more storage flexability. good luck with the business and your search for the trailer... There are a few reputable manufacturers, BIG TEX, Texas Bragg, Wright, Doo Little, etc , etc.... If your planning on getting trimmer racks and such , look for ones with a square top tube.. Round ones are great but do not provide a solid or flat area to mount trimmer racks and the like too... just my .o2
  4. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member