Business Growth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, May 14, 2001.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I have been in business for about ten years. I took the full time plunge about 5 years ago. Since I took the plunge I have had a steady growth rate of about 25-35% a year. Although, I have experienced some growing pains. We have overcome most obstacles without having to add a large number of employees. Each year I think it would be impossible to outgross the previous year because we worked so hard. But by letting go of low profit accounts and replacing them with more profitable jobs. I do better every year. I only wish there was a site like this to help me when I got started. Have any of you had similar growth and any suggestions on how to keep this kind of growth going. I'm always open to new ideas.
  2. get into new forms of work. for years all i did was cut lawns, blow leaves. then i found tree work. you can cut 1000 dollars in trees a lot faster than you can cut 1000 dollars in grass. or do 1000 dollars in mulch faster than 1000 dollars in whatever. open up new doors to your customer's wallets. as long as you feel confident you can do the work.
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm thinking of robbing banks or something, my growth has been stunted!:mad:
  4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

expand to every area that involves the lawn and landscape. and when you do that keep trying to grow them as much as possible. its vague but you should know where you need to expand next