Business Idea...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by d&rlawncare, Jul 7, 2007.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Would you attend a DOT seminar on laws and safety?

Just putting this out there as a "feeler" ...Those that have been in business 3+ years probably are aware of all the rules and regulations.

Obviously each state would have to have there own seminar catered to the laws pertaining to that state. This would cover all laws pertaining to commercial vehicles. CDL laws could be covered depending on the need.

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

NY just had a DOT seminar in Albany in April. I didn't attend, but seriously considered it. I got a rules and reg's guide, and that is like reading a chinese school book to me. I think they set up the rules so no matter what you do, they can give you a few tickets for SOMETHING. Seems to be a lot of If this, then that, OR, this.... ???????

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

There is alot of IF THIS..THEN THAT when it comes to commercial vehilces. But if this was catered to lawn mowing/landscaping companys that do not require CDL that would take 99.9% of the IF's out of it.

Those books have to cover all DOT regs for various types of vehicles. It can get confusing.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HECK YEAAAAAA....

Great place to pass out some business cards....NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK

5. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Do you even know what DOT stands for?