business in northwest alabama ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PREMIERLC, Sep 30, 2005.

PREMIERLC LawnSite Member

Anyone out there now how business is in the Florence, AL. area ? Just getting back into maintenance after a 9 year break, (I never should have stopped). I cut in S.E. Florida for 5 years with my own company. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :help:

PREMIERLC LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say hello. I was so happy to be registered the first thing I could think of was to ask a question, (the one that opened this thread).
    If I can get some of the locals in southern TN. and northwest AL. to be interested in my service I will start up the business in March '06. I will offer full service including fertilizer, mulch, dethatch, leaf removal, etc. on top of the normal mowing service.
    I plan to quote the customer by figuring the annual price and dividing it by 12. This way I will have year round income, and I will be doing something on the property 10 or 11 months of the year anyway. I know my quality and customer service will earn me an excellent reputation.
    The equipment list below is what I've decided on if I get enough customers during the winter.

Walker model T 20hp 42" or 48" GHS, large catcher
    Echo trimmer (at home in my garage )
    Echo stick edger ( at home in my garage )
    Stihl BR 420 blower
    hedge trimmer ?
    JRCO dethatcher for Walker
    JRCO spreader for Walker

Please reply with any comments you may have. THANKS