Business Insurance rates??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MO & GO, Apr 20, 2001.

1. MO & GO

MO & GO LawnSite Member

What are some of the insurance rates are u paying and what insurance company is giving the best rates?? also how much liability ??
  2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Travelers. They had the best rate at the time we checked. Cannot really tell you what the rate is. Office manager pays the bills. All of our equipment and hand held power tools are covered and we have a commercial package that covers our vehicles as well as 2.5 million in general liability. We have had few claims, but they were easy to work with on the ones we have had. One claim happened when an employee was doing some road side mowing and threw a HUGE stick that hit the side of a car. Just so happens that the car was owned by one of my competitors. My luck! We fixed the car, and now do the roadsides with a Toro 325D with a flail deck. No more missiles.
  3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1M general liability, with a 3M aggregate (whatever that is) and it runs about $600 a year. I'm looking for a new company to deal with. The agent I have never returns calls, and acts like he doesn't need or want my business.
  4. i am paying 4,300 a year for 1,000,000 dollars of coverage (gen liability & 1 w/c ) i am covered for tree work / landscaping / and snow. i am gonna switch to the hartford next year for a better rate. right now i dont know who i have.
  5. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Paying 4600.00 for 2 mil policy. Covered for pesticides too. I tried Hartford a while ago. They were one of the expensive ones. I guess it depends on where you live too.
  6. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

$350.00 a year for 1 million liability and full coverage on equipment.
  7. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Nationwide: 1 million Liability and coverage on equipment for $700 /yr. (Aggregate: Total amount of claims paid ,but not on a single incident. If you have a 1 million dollar policy, chances are you are only covered for $500,000.00 on any ONE claim.)
  8. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

lee, who is your provider? almost seems too cheap!
  9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we pay 4 grand on workmans, about 3 on truck and another 3 on liability and theft of equipment. it is all bases on payroll and to a smaller degree on worth of equipment. Dave
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Erie Insurance, 1M Each Occurrence, 2M aggregate plus $5000 each addl. person, including snow plowing $367 per year. Property/Equipment premium for approx. $13000 of listed equipment (inland marine) plus misc. tools, etc is $196 per year.