1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Insurance still going up!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Blades of Steel, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I received my invoice from Zurich yesterday and noticed my insurance has gone up again. No claims n against the account just straight up business as usual. Grant it it is only 739$ a year but that is up 200$ from 2years ago. Does it go up every year, I noticed mine does?

Also, does anyone know of a web based place to get your insurance for less? And who does everyone else use?

2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I will check that out.......I thought I was doing well at $620 a yr......

4. Blades of Steel

I am going to call in a few, I have an agent down the street
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

$739 would be a wet dream for me. I'm looking at over 2K. And yes, it does go up just about every year. I sat down with my agent last winter after a 20% increase to try to work something out. He flat out told me, "start looking for more profitable work". I took that to mean that it's not going to get easier or less expensive.
  6. Blades of Steel

Everyone around here is paying less than 400 per year. She did tell me it has to do with the number of employees you have and what their annual salary is. I am now waiting for a quote from Ohio Casualty.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with Ohio Casualty Group and they ain't cheap my friend. My biz insurance alone is over 3K a year.
  8. Blades of Steel

Hey Rod,

Thanks for the info. I don't have workmans comp on that either so that may have something to do with it. But she is working up a quote for that too. I am not really worried about the premium as much as I am making sure i cover myself from being sued for everything i have built.

Does your premium have workmans comp on it
  9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW.. I'll pay between 18,000 and $26,000 next year. But hey its down from $36,000 a few years ago. It pays to shop around and make sure you are dealing with a company that knows YOUR business.

Try Hortica insurnance, they saved me a bundle of money (which is now in my pocket).

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Wanna trade? Almost 8k yr.payup

Happy holiday Rod