Business Insurance still going up!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Blades of Steel, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Andrew Kovacs

Andrew Kovacs LawnSite Member

Im paying 371 a month. Im a one man show I cut for six months and pay for 12.
    Can anyone break insurance down to a basic level so I can understand why all of my money goes to Midwest Family
    No claims either, 1 mil coverage
  2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We spend about 3% of our gross on marketing each year.
  3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Trust me, Hortica loves you too!payup
  4. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

LOL...I think they do. Or, at least they do a good job of faking it!

5. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

****************Shop around!****************

Worked for us in a big way!

Do not give agents any info about the previous agent or insurance company. Leave them guessing. Tell them that your decission will be made based on proper coverage and the economics. Do not allow them to try to establish any personal repor with you. Keep it business only. Shop over the phone. Do not meet with them in person until you are ready to consider signing based on what you had been told. Even then keep it to just business. You do not want to know about their kids, wife, or the cold that they are trying to getting over. It is all used to draw you in to them. If they try to get you to talk about your self and business and it is unrelated to the policy, do not do it.

Sorry, when it comes down to me, my check book and big insurance corporations, no one is about to stand inside my comfort zone with my check book and I.

One more tip. If you have a few claims and doubt that you will risk any more additional smaller claims, raise your deductable to a $1000.00 for a while. At least until the previous claims drop off. Then lower the deductable back down to what is comfortable again.

I hate insurance. Although I like to think that I am some what informed on insurance, I do need to sit down and learn more in an attempt to make sure that I am getting the best value which I might have some control over.

Consider these companies to begin pricing:
    Motorists mutual
    Frankenmouth (Spelling?)

Insurance it is a necessary evil!