1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business License In Missouri?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by p7m8hk, Jun 3, 2006.

1. p7m8hk

p7m8hk LawnSite Member

Is anyone here familiar with the small business license requirements in Missouri? I went to the Missouri Department of Revenue office yesterday, and they said they could not issue a small business permit for any type of “Lawn Service” or “Landscape Service”. She said it is considered a “contractor” and unless I have a “store front” and I sell items I did not need / could not get a small business license. Am I going to the right place:confused: ?

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Missouri doesn't care about a license like other states. Contact your county and city to see what they require. One of them will require a permit to operate a business and mine was a one time fee of $25.
  3. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you in SE Misery?
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I forget what we ended up doing. I think you actually need to purchase one in the city you are doing business. We bought one for KC about 5 years ago, then never messed w/ it again. Guess I'll play the really stupid card if I need to some day.