business license????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnboy33, Jul 11, 2004.

1. lawnboy33

lawnboy33 LawnSite Member

I have just signed the paper work for my vendors license, Name registration and applicators license and I have purchased my insurance. I s there anything else I need . How do you get an actual business license? This is all the information the state of ohio gave me. I used my ssn for my employee id because its a sole ownership

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check with the city and county you live in. They can tell you what you need. It could be as simple as paying a small fee saying you are doing business at your home as a LCO or it could get more complicated.

Living in a city limits may have a few restrictions like you can't park you trailer at you house,etc. I live outside of city limits and only paid $25 to say I was doing business in the county. I have no restrictions since I am outside the city limits in the country.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

All this varies from place to place. I live in an incorporated town in Northern Virginia. Had to get my business license thru the town. Basically filled out a form, paid $30. Then they send the zoning commissioner to your business location (my house) to make sure things are kosher.

From what I've read I am lucky, I can run this from my house and am legally allowed one commercial vehicle to be parked here.