Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russ, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Do you find that your business governs ALL aspects of your life? When was the last time you had a personal phone call where your business did not come up? When was the last time you weren't working you were thinking about the business? Is this the nature of the beast? Does anyone know how to put this question in poll form?
  2. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have no idea how to do the pole thingy but I know this business has my full attention for almost 32 weeks per year. I work 12-14 hours Mon thru Sat and 5 or more hours on Sunday. Come winter, I'll be almost bored out of my mind but I refuse to work winters. That is my down time and Canada time.
  3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Im only 15 and I feel like my life revolves around cutting grass. I have given up a lot of times with friends and somtimes even family. I talk about this buisness all the time with other people as convesation.
  4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

This is definetly a problem I face almost daily. Balancing work with wife! ;)

It seems I can never get an even balance no matter how hard I try. I either find myself getting to involved with everything out of work, and slacking on my work end. Or getting waaay to involved with work and forgetting that I have a wife waiting for me to come home at night.

I've been working hard at balancing it out, and really my wife is the one making progress by invovling herself more in what I do, making it a sort of common intrest if you will.

I know its sad, but if it gets us spending more quality time together it works for both of us!
  5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It's raining cats and dogs right now as I type. Couple months ago I was sweating---------no rain in sight--------what are we gonna do? Now I've only cut one place since Saturday and doesn't look like I'm gonna do anything tomorrow either............OH NO, I'm behind now, too much to do and now I can't get it done............

It's really a know that balance thing.

I think about it all the time.:blob3:
  6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

This business makes me respect Farmers. The weather is a big factor in this biz and I spend my personal time here at lawnsite, or watching the weather.

If I was married Im sure my wife would go insane from my constant lawn chatter.

I will no longer do snow removal. I need time for vacation and "recharging" during the frozen months.

But...Lawn work is something I like to do, and there is nothing else I would rather spend my effort on. Plus get paid!
  7. BOBCAT36

BOBCAT36 LawnSite Member

I'm sitting here now wondering if I should go to my son's swimming lesson or go cut some grass ummmmmmmm!!!!!!well swim lesson is my choice. like the job love your family.:angel: