Business Liscense

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by muxx, Feb 24, 2004.

1. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

I am from Ohio, and I need info on business liscenses. Who do you contact? Is it required? I have been in business for 15 years here and heard that you should have one. I have Fed ID # and Workers Comp, and accountant has never said anything. Most LCO's in our area don't have them. I want to get one to be on the safe side, but who do you contact? Any info would be great.

2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Contact your city/municipality or county office, and they will be able to get you one.

3. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Go to www.state.oh.us and you can find the info. You will need a service vendors license. Then you get to collect sales tax and pay it to the great state of Ohio just like the rest of us. It will be such great fun!

4. Rhodester

Rhodester LawnSite Member

Be careful here.

Although not required, I registered with my town and I now receive a yearly property tax bill on my equipment.

Dave

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

7. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

8. lost mountain

lost mountain LawnSite Member

On your equipment? I received one about the property itself and also, I believe product inventory. None of this applies.

9. Rhodester

Rhodester LawnSite Member

Yes, municipal property tax on equipment used in the business.
    ALL of my equipment, including the computer I'm on now and the chair I'm sitting in.

It's a depreciation schedule, but since most of my equipment is new, I'll be taxed at 95% valuation for last year.

Accountant said give them only the basics...Trailer, mower, blower, trimmer.
    That will keep them happy.
    They'd have to do a physical audit to find the rest.

Everybody wants their piece of the pie.

Dave

10. muxx

muxx LawnSite Member

I found the vendor section, thanks for the input. Now, does anyone know if this is a requirement for the state of ohio?