Business Managment Program

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tstutz, Dec 28, 2009.

1. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

recently i have been researching different business managment programs which will let me send invoices, keep track of my income and expenses, and do my taxes. i have had many refer me to quickbooks. are there any free online downloads that will fulfill my needs? what are you guys using?

2. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Boy, ain't nothing free.

3. tstutz

from Kansas

isnt that the truth!!!

4. tstutz

from Kansas

bump.....anything????

5. commercialnetinc

commercialnetinc LawnSite Member

Are there any landscapers out there who will provide lawn maintenance services for free? Just wondering.

-

6. commercialnetinc

7. tstutz

from Kansas

thanks. i think you might of read it wrong. i am looking to see what everyone uses to create invoices and keep track of income and expense. i was looking for the program that they used and if it was possibly free then hey that would be my first try because im a tight a$s

8. commercialnetinc

No, I didn't read it wrong. I was just having some fun and being a wise-arsse.

As far as what everyone else is using, I think you're going to find that people are all over the board with their choices. The link I provided will point you to accounting and biz management software that is perfectly functional. Plenty of reviews to read, too. Beware of junk, though. Though much of the freeware offered there is just fine, some are total crap. You'll just have to read the reviews.

Still, programs like QuickBooks (or similar) are going to run $40 to $60 no matter what. The only "free" versions of those are the trials.

If I happen to find some way that you can get a name-brand application for free, I'll let you know. The problem, though, is that much of today's higher-end software requires online authentication. This means you wouldn't be able to use an already-registered version in many cases (especially accounting software due to security and privacy issues).

-Robert-

_

9. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

QuickBooks has an entry level program that is a free download. The only caveat is that you can only have up to twenty customers. It works wonderfully. By the time you have more than twwenty customers you shouldn't mind buying the pro version. It can be had for as little as $100

10. commercialnetinc

Excellent find :drinkup: