Business & Marketing Plan Poll

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Surf'n'Turf, Jun 18, 2006.

?

Business and Marketing plan?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2007.
  1. Not important. Don't need/ content with the way things are.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Somewhat important. I want to create one but feel intimidated.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Important. I made one but don't use/ refer to it often.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Very important. I have one and refer to it often and make adjustments as needed.

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

who's got a biz plan?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have one

3. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I am currently working on my own. Plan on starting the business next year and am in the process of buying equipment.

4. One of Three

One of Three LawnSite Member

I think it would be way more difficult to NOT have a business plan. If you're in this business, or any business for that matter, you have to have a business plan if you want to really be successful.

5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

most businesses yea i dont feel this field does it should all be in your head even though i did make a 30 page one for my business class which was worthless even though she said it was mint

efficiency+common sense+how to run a business+ = successful lco

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

and you should know your goals short and long term....as well and know your competition better than they know themselves

many going to argue or call me stupid but its alright i dont care i know what im doing maybe its a gift or talent... im co ceo of my landscaping biz and cfo/ceo of my book wholesaling business where we grossed 300k as a side job so i must be doing something right