1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Name questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MartinsMowing, Dec 10, 2006.

1. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

hey guys, i need some advice on deciding what to register my business as. I have went on michigans website and have found that the name i am looking for has been used but in different forms so i could still register b/c mine will be a bit different. should i use just "A Cut Above" or should i use "A Cut Above Lawn And Lanscape"..or something other than just a cut above? If an account writes me a check to my company..would they have to write out the whole name b/c it seems like it would be easyer to just write payable to: A Cut Above. Does the registered bussiness name even conlfict with check writing. The bank acount is a whole separate thing but the bussiness acount name cant be to much different than the registered name can it? Thanks in advance
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The whole "A cut above" thing has become so mundane and redundant. There is one in every county, I think. It is like "Classic cuts" or "quality cut". I would sure come up with something more original. Also, what ever you come up with, don't limit yourself to cutting grass by your name. In other words, stay away from phrases like "mowing service", and such.
  3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with what he said... I just have the name Mow Right because it is short and easy, we do a lot of up sells, but I want to brand our name and get into customers heads what we do all types of lawn care work. I am thinking of changing next year, but not sure into what.
  4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

This is somthing I have been contemplating for a while now but can't seem to find one that is branding as well as different to make it stand out more
  5. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

We have "A Cut Above" hair salon here in town.
    Something distinctive, landscape related. M&M Lawn & Landscape. Or remove the first & just MM Lawn & Landscape.
  6. MartinsMowing

Illustrious Lawn & Landscape
    " " Professional Property Maintenance
    Renown (or Renowned) Lawn & Landscape
    " " Profes.......

Premier ......

7. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Am I the only person that likes Greener Image? and thinks it would be a good name for branding?
  8. MartinsMowing

there is about 4 registered on the net in mi
  9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

10. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

How about "Mow For Le$$"? Someone here in town goes by that one. :D