1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by K9copJack, May 7, 2005.

1. K9copJack

K9copJack LawnSite Member

Hey Everyone,
    I have been lurking around here for awhile and have been trying to get everything order for a new Business. I would like to get some feed back on a name I have come up with....

Has mowing your lawn become a

"Pain in the Grass"?

Call "Pain in the Grass" Lawn mowing services

Just your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask yourself this, What type of customer is this name going to draw? and what type of image will this name portray?
    personally I don't see it as a professional sounding business name.
  3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I could see the slogan being applied to a postcard or doorhanger, possibly relating to keeping the grass green, but not in the name. :D
  4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder why the lawn care and landscaping industry gets no respect? Pain in the grass mowing? Do you really thing that a customer wants to hire a company that is going to be a "pain in the grass"? Back to the drawing board.

How about using something to do with the cop theme....that way when people ask how you got your name...you can have a story to go with it?
  5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in the '90s , when I was into yard work , I called my company
    " The Yard Birds ".
    Lots of people remember the band from the 1960s and besides , it was a cute name .
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

5 live Yard Birds! :D