Business name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by creeksidelc, Jan 4, 2006.

1. creeksidelc

creeksidelc LawnSite Member

I'm getting graphics made for my trucks back window, but am not sure what name to put. In your opinion what sounds better?
    Creekside Lawn Care
    Creekside Lawn Maintenance

Also I would like to get a graphic with a tree. Preferably a hardwood such as maple or oak. I searched ebay, but couldn't find one. Does anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks in Advance
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to have a logo designed up. Looks a lot better then a name with a tree. A logo can incorporate that. You can make one yourself, or have one professionally designed at a place such as You might check and see if either one is available for a website domain...that might help drive that, or you might go the lawn and landscape route if you ever plan on doing landscaping.
  3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Creekside lawncare sounds better. Make sure you trim all bushes, weed flowerbeds and put down mulch. Makes alot of money. If you need help pricing, email me at
  4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

not sure why you'd look for a logo on ebay but ..

go to google and do a search for "tree logo". Then click on IMAGES. there's hundreds of'em.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you really want to know, there is a difference between these two. Many people don't really know (yet), but there are several more experienced members on here who do. Technically, the term lawn CARE is an actual text term that actually describes the chemical and fertilization aspect of the industry, while lawn MAINTENANCE covers just that....the maintenamce end of it - including the mowing and such. Personally, if I was just going into the business I would think bigger with broader horizons. I would be looking more at something like landscape maintenance or management, or property maintenance. "Lawn" just seems to limit your look later on down the road. Sure, you can DO the other work later..(trees, beds, ornamentals, irrigation maintenance, snow, etc.), but if you are just listed as "lawn", when people see this on your ads or your cards, you are already limited to a degree. Thed term Grounds Maintenance has always been an widely accepted industry term and is acually used professionally. Bottom line,..I would get a step ahead and try to beat the perverbial "lawn care" stigma...especially if technically, you're not even doing actual lawn care.
  6. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

what kind of tree are you looking for?
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

the term " property management " will turn heads before lawn care or maitenance will . i shoulda thought of that before i named my company .
  8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

I actually would like to ask why you are choosing your back window for your ad spot. truck sides are far and away the number one spot to begin for visibility, even if it has to be a magnetic sign. I think I'd let a designer do your layup unless you have a graphic arts background. There's nothing quite like letting your advertising turn you into "Jethro's Grass Survis" before you ever get a foot on the ground.
  9. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

Once you get your logo designed you can look for someone that does "lazer" engraving. They can cut you a very detailed professional looking tree or anything else on, or out of, a piece of hardwood.

I do woodworking and thought about getting one of the machines to do the lazer engraving until I found out that I was looking at a 15k to 20k investment.

There are also woodworkers that can do very nice things with routers.
  10. creeksidelc

creeksidelc LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help. I decided to go with Creekside Lawn Care, and kept it simple with large writing. I would still like to get a decal of a tree to put next to the writing. I'll check online for one. Thanks for your help.