Business Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rmeun, Jan 12, 2006.

1. rmeun

rmeun LawnSite Member

I have worked for an LCO for the past 4 years. This year I found Equipment and 15 customers for sale. So I have decided to go on my own this year. I have a good handle on almost everything, but I cant think of a good name for the business. I dont really have any ideas. Maybe you guys could think of something good, to get me started.

2. paulge

paulge LawnSite Member

Look around this site. Click on every post. You will see names listed on nearly every post. Take what you see here and put your own spin on it. My theory is " Make 'em Laugh!" If you have a catchy name with some humor people will remember you. Around here most LCO's have no signs on their trucks or trailers. You need to get your name in front of people and do something to make them remember you.

Good Luck

Paul

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Think of something that you can put a good logo with, and that is pleasing to hear. Do not use a personal name, such as billybobs landscaping.

We have one in wichita that is green thumb landscaping. Its easy to remember, and they have a cute little thumb guy as their logo.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

think of something that people will remember, yet something that relates towards what services you offer as well

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Gobblers for a LCO is a neat/cool name I came up with. Thats not my name, just another name I came up with after being in business for a while....

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a co here in st. louis named grass gobbler

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

give some information about yourself, the services you want to offer, your location, etc.

8. rmeun

rmeun LawnSite Member

I plan on just mowing an fertlizing right now. Im in a class to get my pesticide license now. Later I may want to expand to landscapeing after I have had some training. But for now I want to stick to lawn care. Where I am at I will be servicing many towns that are all close by. It is the St. Louis metro aera.

I thought of something like fairway lawn services, but im not to sure about it.

9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Fairway Lawn Care is a good name.

10. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

You could start an Incorporation, and put your lawn service under any name. For example, John Smith Inc DBA (Doing Business As) John's Mowing Service. The only place you would see the John Smith Inc is on your company checks, and all your signs could say "John's Mowing Service" and nothing more. You don't have to advertise your Inc name. Just a thought.