Business Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CoreyD, Feb 8, 2007.

1. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

I was just woundering what you guys think sounds better right now i use Greenstar but.... people are telling me it should have part of my name in it

Greenstar Lawn Care "Quality that shines Through"

Brittons Lawn Care

Britton is my middle name and greenstar is a name i thought up.... i havent seen any LCO's around here with those two names so what do yall think sounds better?
  2. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

I like Brittons Lawn Care.
  3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here.
  4. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

yea that sounds better
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't KNOW! I like Greenstar. Something about sounds corporate. I also like the idea of having it one word like that. There is just something about it. I like the slogan, too. You could also say Quality that shines above....., but that would be up to you. If Iwas going to use it though,...I sure wouldn't use the "lawncare" thing, because that limits you in a sense to broader market thoughts by potential customers. Besides, lawn CARE is technically the fertilization and pest controls of lawns, while lawn MAINTENANCE is the servicing of all the maintenance operations such as mowing and bed care. I would use something like Greensater Outdoor Services, Greenstar Landscape Management, or Greenstar Grounds (or Property) Maintenance.
    GreenStar - GREENSTAR - (just trying some things, here)
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

Greenstar.... its green and shines.... i think your lucky to have a green friendly name....:)
  7. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

if you use brittons, let me know so I can change my name to Greenstar
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like Greenstar. I wouldn't put lawn care, lawn service or anything else after it. Just, "Greenstar". Maybe something like, "Professional Lawn Maintenance" or whatever under it, kind of like a slogan so people will know what "Greenstar" is. But once you get known people will automatically know what it is. Yeah....Greenstar. Dig it!
  9. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha EVERYBODY uses their name (well mostly). I think its boring and not original. (No offense to those using your name I'm sure it sounds pretty. lol)
    some may say that about my business name... Mr. Landscaper, yet, people remember my name over "phil's lawn and landscaping"

Greenstar all the way. Your logo could be similar to BP's logo only make it unique to your business.
  10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Next thing you know you got checks being made out to Corey Greenstar! lol Its that common that people use their name.