Business Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pantherfan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. pantherfan

pantherfan LawnSite Member

Wanted to get some opinions on a business name...

Lawn Enforcement - in front of I could use my city name, or county name....
    slogan could be something like restoring your lawn's order...

what do you think... we have a million lco here and i just want to start out small and stay part time....

any suggestions or ideas??

thanks

happy cutting

2. WeeDr

WeeDr LawnSite Member

I think it is catchy.

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems a little gimmicky to me. Remember image is everything.

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

you need something that jumps out and holds on. when customers look down a page of names your need to jump! mine worked well come up with a good one:clapping:

5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know... If I went through the yellow pages and seen 2 Clowns Mowing id definetly notice it but id also definetly not call that one.

6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you on that...

7. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

My companies name is The Lawn Enforcers. I used this name due to the fact that I am prior law enforcement. It is a name that stands out from the others. It has really worked well for me. We have a lot of seasonal people down here and they feel a sense of security knowing that my company is on their property. I think being creative is important, but I agree 2 Clowns may be a stretch.

8. pantherfan

pantherfan LawnSite Member

thanks Dave...

that is why I came up with this name....

what type of logo do you use?

9. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I have a wrap on my trailer. I will post some pics here shortly. I use it in all my advertising. Phone book, newspaper, door hangers, etc.. I use the slogan "Responding to all your lawn care needs". I see your from North Carolina. Where abouts? I just sold my cabin in Murphy, NC which is in the corner of N.C, GA & TN. I sure do miss it.

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Good name - go with it. Some sort of badge logo would be good. Play on the "Keeping the Peace" and not the strong arm of the Law approach.

Something non-threatening so avoid use of Tactical Ops with MP5's or K-9 with bared teeth. Perhaps a partially eaten doughnut in the logo. :laugh: