1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Name?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jan 3, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm moving to the denver area in about a month and a1/2 and I'm wondering waht a good name would be for a LAWN MOWING ONLY business?

ANY suggestions or replys would be great.
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What you got there, Midwest Mowing, sounds great for mowing only. I like it actually, it's smooth. Keep it!

Oooo yea this is my thousandth post!!!! alrigth!

Good luck in your new location!
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

but, if I'm moving to denver?
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

There are a bazillion threads about this subject on lawnsite. Do a search.

Personally, I think anything with "mowing" in it is very limiting. I know you said that you plan on doing mowing only. But so did I 7 years ago when I started. And by about my 3rd or 4th year I was turning down so much freaking landscaping work that I just couldn't stand it. I was making other landscapers rich by referring them so many jobs. Finally, I just began to pick up a few small landscaping jobs here and there and it just grew from there. Now we do everything. And I NEVER thought I'd want to do anything more than mowing.

But now that I look back, I am glad I chose "Lewis Landscape Services" over "Lewis Mowing" because I'd have had to change my name about 3 years ago otherwise. Think long term.
  5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Mile High Mowing....:D

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I give 2 thumbs up for Mile High Mowing. To the point.
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I am sure there are no other LCOs in Denver with THAT name! LOL.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Limiting your business to just mowing would be detrimental. You'll start to get customers that want other services and you could be cutting your own throat by not providing them.
  10. Curb Appeal

Curb Appeal LawnSite Member
    from florida

How about this for a name-
    Better get a second job from October thru May,
    Get used to mowing tiny little yards all of which have a wooden fence around them and a 36" gate, and
    You'll be mow running a mow only business in a state that is soon outlaw the use of water on lawns. Seems there is 2 million residents and growing, but only 1 gallon of water in the mile high city.

If this reply sounds jaded it's because I'v been there. Lived there 7 years and loved the mile high city, but to run a mow only business there would be very tough. Most everyone there has a second source of income. Every name mentioned above is currently a name of a company in Denver. Last I checked, there were about 50 pages of lawn companies in the Denver Metro phone book.