Business Name

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mklawnman, Feb 23, 2003.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

We are planning on getting our business LLC. Currently i dont have a name for my business, I just use my full name. I've been mowing for about 5yrs and have done landscape maintenance work too. I plan on doing the same but also doing more mulching work along with some landscape work which i would like to get into more as i grow my business. Here are a few names I have:

Kling's Landscape Maintenance Inc.
    or Kling Landscape Maintenance Inc.
    Kling's Landscape Management Inc.
    or Kling Landscape Management Inc.
    Kling's Lawn and Landscape Inc.

I wanna just get some suggestions from you guys. Cause I figure all of those names above will get me some business when i start advertising in a few weeks just dont know which one would be the best for my business.
    Matt

2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Kling's Lawn and Landscape Inc

3. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Kling's Lawn and Landscape Inc

4. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

If you are going to be an LLC you won't be able to have INC. as part of your name. Inc inplies a corporation, if you are an LLC, you will substitute LLC for the INC.

You need to consult an attorney to set up your LLC so that you don't get things crossed up.

5. mklawnman

Ok yeah my mistake, so like it should have a LLC. at the end of all the names you mean?? Cause yeah their are different types of corporations and abrivations.
    And Yes I am going to see a attorney tommorow so things will get cleared up on that issue. But for my name thats what I was worried about picking.
    Thanks
    Matt

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

mklawnman, it would really depend on what type of landscape work you would be doing. If you are doing more than maintenance I would not include that word in the name. Also you might want to look down the road a little. If you do decide to just do maintenance now, and get into design down the road you will more than likely want to change your name later. Landscape management is a more broad term. Tell your attorney what type of work you are doing and he will advise you of what name to choose.

7. mklawnman

Yeah thats what I am thinking about, down the road aways too, would like to do both maintenance work along with some landscape work. Cause I want to have a name that I can use for future as well.
    Matt

8. mklawnman

Got my name picked out and went to the attorney today and decided on Kling's Lawn & Landscape LLC.
    Thought that this name would work out the best for both worlds, do lawn maintenance work eventually would like to do fertilizing and also do light landscape work which i plan on growing into more landscape work in the future.
    Thanks for the help, now i have to get a new checking account and also start doing advertising, but thats a whole nother thread. :cool:
    Matt

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious, did you have the attorney do the paperwork or did you do it yourself online.

I just went LLC this past winter after being a sole prop and I did it for 130.00 right online.

Its a do it yourself thing and it saves lots of bucks.

http://www.wdfi.org/corporations/whats_llc.htm

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Did your attorney do a name search for you? I know you have to when you get incorporated, but not sure for LLC. There is a website that you can do this search yourself.

MATT