business name

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Nov 26, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I am just using the name Steve's Professional Lawn Care. I am looking to change it. I thought of Cutting Edge Lawn Care and really liked that. However I did a search on here and found someone with the same name in a diff state. I thought about changing it to like Steve's Cutting Edge Lawn Care or Cutting Edge Lawn Maintenance. I kinda wanna keep my name in there b/c thats what I am known by now. What do people think of Steve's Cutting Edge Lawn Care. The only negative thing is the length for a website or e-mail.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Why not Cutting Edge Maintenance

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Steve's Cutting Edge Lawncare sounds good to me.

4. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Hay Steve, my name is Steve to! When I started I was "Steve's Gardening" Then about 15 years ago I thought I would change the name of my business name to "Desert Rose Gardening" I live in the high desert of so. California and seemed to do alot of old lady's roses when I first started out in the bizz. And people often tell me they call me because of my name now. Think of a good name and good luck!

5. stevesmowing

I like Steve's Cutting Edge Lawn Care and think I will go with it. However I am going to register a domain name on the web and it seems like stevescuttingedgelawncare.com is really long. Would stevescelc.com or something be better, abbreviated the rest of the name. My e-mail will also end in whatever the website is. Any thoughts?

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think a name should be as distinctive as it can be. There are a few names that I seem to see in every town. These I would stay away from.

Cutting Edge
    A Cut Above
    Clean Cut
    ect.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

How about SCElawncare.com?

8. stevesmowing

like it. Thanks! and the best part is its available lol