1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

business oportunities for mason dump??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NextDoorLabor, Aug 19, 2005.

1. NextDoorLabor

NextDoorLabor LawnSite Member

hey everyone, hope you are all cleanin up this season n makin that $$. well anyway recently a family friend decided to sell his 89 chevy mason dump thats in good shape with lots of new parts on it. i was wondering what kind of money i could make with it and how i would go about it. should i work for a company to haul their stuff or should i go out on my own and put an ad in the paper for hauling w/e ppl need hauled. im new to the idea but when my friend brought it up to me the gears started turning... what do you think i can do with a mason dump and what is the money like? thanks for any help you can give i appreciate it.
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well I haul mulch and dirt with my F-350 dump, when its slow for my landscape supply guy. Its great for the little loads. He pays for my fuel and me $20 an hour. Its not much, just keeps me out of trouble. :D
  3. fordsrule

fordsrule LawnSite Member

Theirs a guy around me who advertises that he specilizes in small loads. He does this with a one ton dump. I think you could make some money hauling for homeowners or contracters need less than what the local supply places will deliver.
  4. NextDoorLabor

NextDoorLabor LawnSite Member

yea that sounds great, would i need any special insurance to work for a company? gas + 20/hour sounds good to me i could live with that