Business Phones

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RN Lawncare, Dec 14, 2010.

1. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys, i'm 15 right now and doing side jobs, collecting equipment, and am just saving my money right now. when i turn 16 i want to really get the ball rolling and get more accounts, and snow removal jobs, etc. but my question is what do you guys do for phones. do you use your cell phone numbers? or do you have a separate line at your shop? just trying to get some ideas, thanks guys.

2. kgcs

kgcs LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Droid from verizon wireless. It cost about $15 more than regular phones. There is an app on it called Google Voice. It allows you to have two seperate numbers on one phone. One from verizon and the other from google voice. My lawn care number is 478-227-9MOW. You can choose letters in your number. It also has call screening which will ask the caller there name and will tell you before you answer. If you don't like that feature, you may turn it off.

3. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare LawnSite Member

Nice! Thanks man that sounds great I have the original droid, so that's what i'm gonna do! Thanks a lot!

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that work for Black berrys from ATT?

5. kgcs

kgcs LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, It will work with blackberrys, iPhones, and droids.