business plan formula

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by twcw5804, Nov 28, 2005.

1. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I need help with a formula on how to figure up something on my basic business plan. This business plan will not be distributed to banks, but more for the family members helping in the work and financing of the business.

I need a calculation that shows how effective one person is using a Quick 36 superduty at 5mph ground speed vs 2 people using a Craftsman and Troy built 21' self-propelled mower. I am not sure of the ground speed of a non-commercial 21' mower.

If I am confusing anyone please let me know. I am trying to show justification on purchasing a quick36 vs buying 2 new 21' mowers. Especially when there is a chance I maybe working by myself now. My business is growing rapidly. In the last week I have went from 12 to about 17 yards. My goal for 30-40 yards next year should not be to hard to achieve.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I really can't figure the ground speeds of the 21's. I would have to assume a comfortable clip of 3-4mph. However, one thing you can't add into the equation is fatigue. You are going to be more tired pushing the 21 than following behind the 36...IMHO.

I think it would be easier to have two for the lawn the other trimming, edging, blowing. That is just my two cents.
  3. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I will have mostly two people. Just doing a worst case scenario in case wife has to work her regular job one day. If she is not available 17yr old brother is on hand to help out almost anytime.